May 26, 2016
"Life is too short to be lived counting the years. Just enjoy the ride and make awesome memor...
"Life is too short to be lived counting the years. Just enjoy the ride and make awesome memories. "
First of all, I would to thank my family and friends for their heartfelt greetings on my natal day. I felt loved through by your Facebook messages or personal greetings. It means a lot to me.
As usual, we did not have an extravagant celebration at home. I filed a one day leave from work. We chose to stay at home. I prepared penne pasta and fruit salad. Hearing remarks from the husband and kids that the food was delicious made my birthday extra special. They never fail to appreciate my cooking skills, hehe.
I went to the market to buy the ingredients for my simple handa at 10 in the morning. Being going home, I dropped by to my favorite beauty salon and had a haircut - a very simple version of "me-time".
5 Things that Made my Birthday the Happiest One
- Celebrated my birthday as a complete family. I am grateful that my husband decided to take a break from working abroad and enjoying his job here.
- My husband and I are blessed with sweet, loving and understanding children. They continue to inspire us to work hard to give them a comfortable life and a bright future.
- Being part of a biggest Gospel Choir in World (as conferred by Guinness Book of World Records). My husband and I performed in the choir on the Iglesia Ni Cristo's Worldwide Intensive Propagation of God's Words last May 22 at the Philippine Arena, Cuidad de Victoria, Bulacan, Philippines.
- The positive development in the case we filed against the criminal who killed my brother is the biggest birthday gift I received this year.
- My folks has finally transferred to the "cute" house we built after Typhoon Nona. Though the house is not 100% finished, they can already sleep comfortably there.