Flashback March 2016, while having our usual Saturday siesta time, one of my sisters-in-law tex...
Flashback March 2016, while having our usual Saturday siesta time, one of my sisters-in-law texted me asking if we want to go to Cebu. Apparently, they are booking us, together with other family members, for a four-day vacation in Cebu on October 12 to 15. The husband and I discussed it for a while and then I replied to my SIL, agreed to her offer.
October 12, 2016, we woke up early despite of having just few hours of sleep - because of packing and excitement. Our flight to Cebu was 7 in the morning. Originally, we are 27 but only 24 of us make it to the final date. Three college students, including my niece, failed to go with us due to their scheduled final examinations :(
wacky shots while waiting for our boarding time
It was Thea and Yohan's first plane ride. Imagine how excited they were. One time, I caught them talking:
Yohan: Ate, ate, lapit na tayo ride ng airplane. Di ba pupunta tayo sa Cebu?
Thea: Yes, Yohan. Excited ka na ba,beh? 'Wag kang malikot sa loob ng airplane ha, baka mahulog ka!
True enough, the little boy was quite afraid during the flight (going to Cebu). Pagtingin nya sa bintana, nakita nya dagat! sabi nya "Mama, baka mahulog tayo!" To kill boredom and to feel at ease, he asked for a paper and pen and doodled while in flight. Thea seated beside Papa while Yohan seated beside me during both flights.
Touchdown Mactan-Cebu International Airport
Here's what happened during our four-day Cebu vacation:
- Arrival and check-in at Verbena Pension House, Don Gil Garcia St., Cebu City (our home away from home during the entire in the City of Smiles)
- Lunch at the Foodcourt in Robinson's Mall
- Attended Worship Services (Iglesia Ni Cristo, Lokal ng Cebu City)
Day 1 Photos
- Long drive (4-5 hours) to Oslob. We wanted to see the whale sharks. Unfortunately, we arrived past 12 noon. According to the locals and resort owner, the whale sharks are only visible between 6 -11 am. Sayang! Para masulit ang entrance fee sa resort, we ate out lunch there and the kids and some adults swam for a bit.
- Explored Aguinid Falls. Only eight (8) of us braved the slippery and challenging way to the top of the falls.
Day 2 Snapshots
We woke up and left our hotel early on our third day. It was the most hectic day! We had a City Tour and arrived home late, tired but happy.
- Temple of Leah (Cebu Transcentral Highway, Cebu City). More about this in my next post.
- Philippine Taoist Temple
- Lunch at Conching's Native Chicken
- Mactan Shrine
- Ocular/ Tour at Plantation Bay Resort and Spa (Barangay Marigondon, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu)
- Taboan Public Market (for pasalubong shopping)
- Dinner at Abuhan Pochero (F. Ramos St., Cebu City)
Day 3 Pictures
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Packed our things and went to the airport for our flight going back to
us @Mactan Airport
photo credits: C.N. Z. Mongcal, R. Panoga, L. Glase
It was indeed a memorable travel. We are looking forward for our next destination.