Chicken AfritadaFriday, February 29, 2008
Here's my version of Chicken Afritada
You will need:
3/4 kilo chicken, cut into pieces
2-3 pieces potatoes, peeled and halved
1 piece carrot, peeled and cut into 3 pcs.
1 red onion, diced
1 head garlic, minced
1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
1 1/2 cups chicken stock (broth)
1 cup tomato sauce
2 tablespoons of cooking oil
1. In a cooking pot or wok, heat cooking oil.
2. Sauté garlic and onions.
3. Add chicken and wait until slightly brown.
4. Pour the tomato sauce and stock. Bring to a boil and allow to simmer for 20 minutes or until
the chicken is almost cooked.
5. Add potatoes and continue to cook for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked.
6. Add the red bell peppers, simmer for an additional minute or two.
7. Add Salt and pepper to taste
8. Serve hot with rice.