16 WeeksMonday, May 31, 2010
I am already on the 16th week of pregnancy. I am thankful that nausea and vomiting is lessened as I approach the 4th month.
According to baby2see.com, at Week 16, facial expression of the fetus are possible. Here's the detail about the fetal development at this stage:
- The fetus measures nearly 5 inches (12cm) from head to buttocks.
- The fetus weighs about 3.5 ounces (100 grams).
- The fetus is covered with a protective soft down to regulate its temperature.
- Fat begins to form underneath skin.
- Baby hears external voices, sleeps and dreams.
You are showing more now and have an obvious swelling in your lower abdomen. The rest of your body is still changing. A total of 5 to 10 pound (2.25 to 4.5 kg) weight gain by this point in your pregnancy is normal.
The crown to rump length of your baby is 4.4 to 4.8 inches (11 to 12 cm). Fetal weight has doubled in 2 weeks and is about 3.5 ounces (100g).