Victims of Typhoon Sendong (Washi) from Mindanao Needs our HelpTuesday, December 20, 2011
I had a very busy weekend. I performed in the choir during our Church's Year-end Thanksgiving Worship Services. I accompanied my daughter in her school. While I was waiting for my her, I overheard some mommies talking about the damage that Typhoon Sendong (international code name Washi) has brought to Mindanao. They mentioned about the Ondoy-like flash floods. I confirmed the news when I tuned in to TV Patrol Weekend on Saturday night. There were more than 600 dead bodies and almost a thousand missing. As of the latest news, death toll is more than 900. Many of our kababayans lost their homes and properties, and their loved ones. In times like this, they really need our help, whether in cash or in kind.
Our blogger community called Pinay Mommies Community is rallying for donations to help the victims and their families. We also have fellow bloggers from Cagayan de Oro and Iligan City who were affected with the devastating flash flood. This morning, I sent a small amount via PayPal.
If you want to share some of your blessing to the victims, your can send your cash donations to a legitimate charity which was created by Pinay Mommies Community through Paypal email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also send your donations to any of the following:
- Circle Productions, Inc. - is accepting donations in cash or in kind for the flood victims of Cagayan de Oro City. The drop off point is at Max's Restaurant in Limketkai Mall. Lood for Francis.
- Xavier University Relief Center Relief Operation - Asks and accepts donations in Cash, Food, Bottled Waters, Clean Clothes and other useful items. You can drop it at: Xavier University - Kristohanang Katilingban sa Pagkabana Social Involvement Office (XU-KKP-SIO). For Cash and Cheque Donations: Xavier University - BPI Divisoria Branch Account Number: 9331-0133-63.
- Donate Via SMS - Text Red Amount to 2899 (Globe) or 4143 (Smart)
- Any Cebuana Lhuillier Pawnshop (Nationwide) also accepts Cash Donations
- Manila Donation Center: NN-SuperFerry corporate tickets outlets in Robinsons Ermita, Araneta Center Cubao, Victory Mall Caloocan, Peir 15, Pier 2, NN-ATS Center at Pier 2
- Other Donations Centers/Account:
- Simbahang Lingkod ng Bayan (Account Name/Payee)
- Bank of the Philippine Islands (Loyola-Katipunan Branch)
- BPI Peso Checking Account Number -3081-1111-61
- BPI Dollar Savings Account Number: 3084-0420-12
7. Thru Caggan De Oro (CDO) Bloggers: Paypal donations are now accepted Paypal email: email@example.com. Proceeds will be donated to XU- Cagayan de Oro where member of CDO Bloggers is planning to volunteer.
8. SMART Libre Tawag, Internet and Cellphone Charging at the PhilCom Office, Max Suniel St., Carmen (right besid ACSAT Gym), CDO
9. In Cagayan de Oro: City Central School. DSWD - Cagayan de Oro needs volunteers to re-pack and deliver relief goods. Contact 0906-6150095. Xavier University has also set up a central command for relief at the Aggie Satellite Canteen, next to XU Gymnasium. Donations - food, clothing, beddings, water and other useful items.
10. In Iligan: MSU-IIT Iligan City National High School. More info for Iligan help: One for Iligan http://bit.ly/unX71B
Rainsoft in NHA highway (beside Mazda) is giving free Nawasa water.