How I Spent My APEC 2015 HolidayMonday, November 23, 2015
While the government was busy preparing for the hosting of APEC Summit 2015, ordinary citizens like me also planned ahead to be more productive during the short break. Some opted to go on family vacation while others participated worthwhile events such as community outreach programs. I chose to stay at home and spend quality time with my husband and kids.
I prepared a "to-do" checklist for
my our projects and it goes like this:
- Home Improvement Project (customized storage bench, shelves, repainting of kitchen)
- Blog Makeover (register new domain, post updates, improve layout)
- Mini-Garden Makeover (purchase new plants)
- Sewing Projects (DIY pillows, pillow cases, minor repair - Thea's Sunday dresses)
- Shop for Home Organizing Tools/Stuff
- Request to Replacement of Lost Globe Postpaid SIM Card
- Apply for Driver's License (Papa)
- Bonding / Reading with Kids (purchase new books)
I am so grateful because we have accomplished most of the things listed above. Although things did not pushed through as planned for our home improvement, it was a sigh of relief that the dilapidated sofa was already replaced by a new, more durable wooden sala set. I've been asking my husband to look for a carpenter who can build a customized storage benches and cabinet for our living room.
This is our preferred design:
credits to the source of the images used in this pinboard
We've contacted at least four carpenters since August but we couldn't find one who can do the job for us at a reasonable price. The last one even offered to do the necessary measurements but when he told my husband the estimated cost. it was expensive and we think does not justify the kind of materials to be used which is a mix of Palo China wood and plyboard. So, we dropped the idea of having the benches customized.
Hubby convinced me to look for wooden sala set in furniture shops in Paco, Manila last Saturday. Albeit my heavy heart because my dream project will not happen, I went with him to go and look for sala set. We found this one, a three-piece sala set with center/side table and free cushion. We will replace the cushions with the ones made of Uratex foam.
What do you think about our new sala set?
One item crossed out in the home improvement project.
Papa finally got his driver's license last November 17. Good thing the holiday is only effective in NCR and he was able to apply for the license in Angono (Rizal).
I we did/bought during the holidays were:
- shopped for some home organizing stuff - shoe rack and bath towels
- picked-up the replacement sim for our Globe post-paid plan
- repaired Thea' dresses and Papa's barong tagalog
- I also completed the domain registration of Uncomplicated
We have more projects to be done in anticipation of New Year 2015.