My Gratitude List for 2015Tuesday, December 29, 2015
2015 is an eventful year for me and my family, a year filled with joys and happy memories. There are some challenges but with God's powerful guidance, we are able to surpass them all.
1. Spent New Year's Day with my mom and siblings in my hometown. After more than a decade, I was able to celebrate new year with my loved ones back home. It was one of my most memorable experiences this year. Despite the bad weather condition at that time, I was able to bond with my family during our week-long vacation.
2. OFW Family No More! We are really grateful for this wonderful blessing from up above. My husband finally settled here after several years of working abroad.
3. Meaningful Birthday Celebrations. Thea celebrated her 9th birthday with her friends. The kids as well as the grown-ups had fun during the cupcake decorating session hosted by moi and the birthday girl. Yohan turned 5 last month. It was his happiest one because Papa who missed his 4 birthdays, is already here!
4. 10th Wedding Anniversary. Hubby and I celebrated our 10th year as married couple last August 20. We had a simple celebration together with the kids.
5. More out-of-town trips. Whether work-related or personal, I enjoyed conquering new places. We discovered the beauty of Tanay, Rizal last summer. I experienced my first ever air travel when we had a planning workshop in Puerto Princesa, Palawan. I also attended various seminars in Tagaytay and Pampanga.
6. Able to blog again. I temporarily stopped blogging due to some personal reasons. I also revamped this blog and finally got my own domain, too.
7. Realized the value of genuine friendship. A mix of professional and personal issues at work caused so much stress to me and my friends. Thankfully, we are able to handle it with all humility and control. I am grateful to those individuals (in case you're reading this, you know who you are) who remained as my friends despite my topak and all.
8. Good health for me and my family. I am thankful because no one in the family got serious illness this year. Yohan was spared from a surgery last May when the pediatric surgeon confirmed that the lump previously seen in the ultrasound is not related to hernia but only swollen tissue which eventually disappeared after medication. Hopefully, Papa's blood sugar level will become normal with the help of proper medication and exercise. Actually, I still have to encourage him to engage in regular exercise....
9. Continuously perform in the choir despite some challenges. I am a choir member in our Church. Due to erratic schedule at work which include series of out-of-town seminars last September to October, I temporarily took a leave in the choir. I am grateful for the blessings and opportunity given to me to continuously serve the Lord by performing my duties despite all the challenges.
10. Blessed with a simple and happy life with my family. I could not ask for more....
Perhaps I missed a thing or two in the list but counting my blessings everyday may help me enjoy a happy and contented life...